For best tan results, it is recommended to follow some before and after spray tan care instructions. Tan de Soleil shows you a the best preparation and aftercare tips to guide you to a perfect tan!
Before You Arrive at the salon:
- Do not apply deodorant
- Do not apply any creams or lotions
- Do not wear perfume
- Wear loose fitting cotton clothes (preferably not white) and sandals
After Your Tanning Session:
For the next 6 hours:
- Wait to shower
- Don’t wear tight clothing
- No exercise
- Don’t swim or immerse yourself in water
- Don’t apply moisturizer
- Don’t sit directly on leather or light fabric seats & furniture (sit on a towel instead).
- You may notice a starchy scent on your skin shortly after your tanning application. This will disappear with your post tan shower.
- Swimming in chlorinated water may cause fading and/or streaking
- If you had an application with bronzer you will notice color washing off the first time you shower. Do not be alarmed, this is just the surface color that was applied.
- Moisturize often to prolong the life of your tan.
- Using a spray tan booth is a bit of a learning process and takes some practice. 90% of customers get perfect results from their very first visit. Some people get a little nervous and forget to follow some of the instructions. That’s OK! It’s a learning process and by your 2nd or 3rd visit you’ll be an expert. Keep in mind that very small imperfections are probably only noticed by you, as we’re usually our own worst critic. Other people will be too busy admiring your fabulous tan!
- If you are very fair, you may need 2 sessions within 24-48 hours to achieve the desired results. After this, once per week should maintain the color.
Learn more SMART TANNING TIPS!